Friday, May 24, 2013

Living in A State of Grace

Today, I am blessed to say "Happy 18th Birthday" to my twin daughters.  

While reflecting on their personal accomplishments, their happiness, teenage tragedies, their fears, their dating and their accepting Christ and becoming Jr. Deacons, I realized that despite life's challenges and curve balls, we are living in "A State of Grace". 

I looked at my pictures on Facebook and I saw the smiles and the happiness of my family.  One picture after another I saw "kool-aid" smiles, silly smiles and smiles I can't describe but, my point is...they are smiling.  I jokingly asked the twins if they were moving out now that they are legal, they said "uh, no, we are living with you forever".....LOL.  Now, you know as soon as she finds out she can't be grown in Mommas house, she is moving out!!  We have been through some tough times but, my children still smile and they still like and love me. That's grace. 

To live in a state of grace is to experience our burdens and issues being lifted from us from time to time to enjoy life; that our path becomes smoother and more enjoyable in difficult times.

Take a break from troubles, look around you and see your state of grace. Laugh with your children or the children in your life, hug them, and kiss them.  Look at pictures, read cards or letters, look at your loved ones and those around you that show you love.  
State of Grace is always around you just like God's love. Be Blessed!


Numbers 6:24-26

English Standard Version (ESV)

The Lord bless you and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment