Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Birthday

This year, I reached a milestone birthday but, this year felt different. I wanted to celebrate, I had ideas and a  marvelous plan for a celebration that I wanted to have for this year, for this milestone, for this moment that I didn't think I would ever see.  When the day finally came, I did nothing!  No party, no cake, no celebration of my life!  What happened? Why didn't I celebrate?  I was stifled by fear and the meaning of my own life.  What if no body else feels like my life is worth celebrating? What if no one shows up? What if, What if, What if!  

After those thoughts went into my head, I had a revelation...I have been celebrating this whole time.  I forgot the words spoken to me "Enjoy everyday as if it is your last"!  Every time I spend time with family and friends, I am celebrating my life....who says that you have to celebrate your life once a year?  I realized that I was content with that day because I celebrate all year long; I enjoy everyday more often that I ever did before cancer.  I learned that a birthday is a celebration of ones life on the day they were born but, it can be whenever you want to celebrate your life and those that want to celebrate with you will.

Everyday is a gift, celebrate and enjoy everyday as if it is your last!  Don't miss out on spending time with family and friends because you feel sorry for yourself or angry at your condition. Celebrate because it's Monday and your still here, celebrate because it's Tuesday and your still here, celebrate because it's Wednesday and your still here, celebrate because it's Thursday and your still here, celebrate because it's Friday and your still here!  My point is, celebrate your life because you have one and don't stifle yourself from enjoying life because you miss the blessing of everyday life!  Be Blessed!


Psalm 90:12 ESV/  "So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom".



No comments:

Post a Comment